Monday, May 21, 2007

It's a Boy! A Baby Shower for Teresa

Six months pregnant and still looking great thanks to her vigorous exercise regiment, Teresa looked radiant and sleepy (carrying that extra weight is no joke) at the same time when she arrived at the shower we gave her last Thursday. My cousins R, K, my sister M and I gave her a shower at my place. I served green tea with jasmine and an Apple Walnut Loaf which was light enough so we could enjoy the evening's dinner. But, that's not all we had in store for the second girl in our brood of seven cousins, six of whom are girls, to have a baby. We also planned a trip to the Nail Spa and dinner at Je Suis Gourmand. It was a fabulously indulgent day for all of us, I for one broke my no-carbs diet and devoured the bread served before dinner even began. The spa was a two hour luxurious pampering of our hands and feet which included reflexology and a bubble bath. Gifts, a spa treatment and dinner... everything a pregnant lady could hope for!

How To Make Green Tea In A Pot
First, boil a kettle of water. Place tea leaves in a strainer. Over the sink, pour some of the boiling hot water over the tea leaves and let it strain. Place the wet tea leaves into a pot or bowl and pour in hot water, let it steep for 3 minutes. Now, strain the tea into the pot your using to serve the tea. Discard the used tea leaves.